Howdy and glad you stopped in at Jesus' Little Cow-Hide Booted Wrangler!


All young people that follow Jesus are His knights for Truth. We are all created by the One true God of the Bible, the one that made you and me!
This is a blog that expresses the joy that I have in Jesus!

Please stay and read.

There's much to laugh, smile and enjoy about here!:)


I'll be praying for you...my future husband=)

Outside Lookin' In. I choregraphed my dance try-out to this song! my fav. of Lori's songs!:)

Saturday, December 7, 2013

So....Am I Really Walnut-Sprinkled Poop?

"Okay, so where is she going with this?"  I bet that's what you're thinking.  Bear with me, I have a really great tie-in here.:-)

As we sat at the kitchen table today, we were reading about our World War II history and suddenly, (no, it wasn't me just getting on a bunny trail, it was really God leading me I believe), I felt led by the Holy Spirit to lay out the Gospel again to my siblings.  I have three siblings, ages 12, 10 and 8.  Wow, that looks pretty cool doesn't it?
Anyways, I began by saying something like, "Now guys, imagine a pile of poop" (embarrassed giggles bubble from my audience, but I continue seriously) "what do you think when you see that?  It's gross, right?  No matter HOW hungry you may be, you probably would rather die, (well, not literally but you get the point) than eat poop, right?  Well now look over at that walnut brittle over there.  (I'd just made really yummy Christmas walnut brittle and it was cooling on the counter).  When you look at that, your mouth begins to water, and you think, "Mmm..." it happens automatically.  Because it's delicious and wonderful!!  That walnut brittle, would you eat it when your hungry?  Of course you would!  Would you eat it even if you were stuffed?  Of course you would!  Why?  Again, because it's specially delicious and scrumptious.  Your tastebuds recognize that it's good.



"But guys, we are the poop.  We are nothing, absolutely NOTHING apart from God....I was poop but I tried to sprinkle walnuts on my head and pretend that I was brittle!"
Haha!  There was no foolin' anybody!  The only person I fooled real good was myself.
I know Jesus Christ is the one true God because it was by His Word alone that peeled back my blinders and showed me that I was faking everything.  I was simply poop with walnuts sprinkled on top, and I expected that was good enough for God.  For Holy God.

So are you poop with walnuts, or are you the real stuff?  I know I used to be!  But by trusting in Christ Jesus God saved me from myself and whipped me up into an entire new recipe.  I  suddenly became something special all because of Him.

A dangerous prayer that all should venture out in faith to pray is Psalm 139:23-24,

'Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.' 




......................Walnut Christmas Brittle, by Samantha
 2 C. white sugar
3/4 C. water
1 1/4 C. walnuts (toasted)
 red&green sprinkles
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Bring liquids to a boil over Medium heat on stove.  Keep stirring UNTIL it starts bubbling and then STOP stirring so it will thicken.  I learned that lesson the hard way...*sigh.*

Pour liquid mixture over nuts, sprinkles and salt.  Let cool before cutting.

Time: 35-40 mins
Serves: I'm not sure on the exact serving, but it fills a nice 9/9" casserole dish nicely.

Enjoy your brittle!!:-)







No comments:

Post a Comment

My posts are here for you to read, and for you to share your thoughts if you feel led to.
Please ask yourself every time before you post if it honors Jesus.
I know if your doing that then your heart wants to please Him!

Thank you,
A Sister In the Lord Jesus,

Samantha Anne

"Now, therefore," Says the Lord, "Turn to Me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping.."

"Now, therefore,"  Says the Lord, "Turn to Me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping.."
Joel 2:12