Howdy and glad you stopped in at Jesus' Little Cow-Hide Booted Wrangler!


All young people that follow Jesus are His knights for Truth. We are all created by the One true God of the Bible, the one that made you and me!
This is a blog that expresses the joy that I have in Jesus!

Please stay and read.

There's much to laugh, smile and enjoy about here!:)


I'll be praying for you...my future husband=)

Outside Lookin' In. I choregraphed my dance try-out to this song! my fav. of Lori's songs!:)

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Civil War Re-enactments & more!!

~Civil War Re-enactments............We had a blast at the Civil War re-enactment in Lexington, Mo.  It was in September, and my Grandma came and we camped out on the grounds in a tent and roasted strawberry marshmellows over a campfire.  We set up our own little stand and sold checkerboards that my brother made, and books that I wrote.  There were many other tents set-up with all sorts of neat things.  From ladies fans to jarred pickles there were all kinds of nicknacks in the many set-ups. The soldiers camp out was set over on the other side of Big River Ranch building.  The camp out was very authentic, with campfires and canvas tents and dressed-up men from both sides.  I met a girl named Leah while I was there, and I helped her with her petting zoo she was doing.
The Re-enactment was on Saturday, and my were the canons loud!  BOOM!  I wore my grandma's blue satin gown that she wore when she was 18, and a red velvet shawl.  It was cold and gloomy, but the acting was still amazing.  Horses galloped and combat enacted.  I thought it was very well done.  The Re-enactment lasted till Sunday, and I wish I could have said that we stayed for the Ball that night.  But even though we had to leave, I'm sure it was fun. The last re-enactment I did they had a ball and it was so fun!  There was food and drinks, and authentic music playing while we danced the Virginia Reel and other dances with the boys and men dressed up as soldiers!  The ladies dress in fancy gowns with wide hoop skirts, and it seems like we stepped back to 1860's.
I highly recommend re-enactments, especially for history lovers.


More Historical Field-trips to take........Want to go into a log cabin that was built before the time of the Civil War?  Want to go into a cabin that was originally homesteaded by a man that was born one year after Abraham Lincoln?  Want to grind corn, dip candles, sing songs, roast marshmallows, and hide up in a big loft???  Then you should really go to Beverly's log cabin website, and learn more!! 
Go to the links at the side of the main page, and then find Bev's log cabin and click on it.  Schedule a time to go soon!!! 
Thanks.....
Samantha


Upcoming Historical Event- 
Beverly is having a 20 year anniversary for 1829 log cabin, on April 15th, 2012. 
You will be able to go paddle-boating on the pond, learn how to spin wool, dip candles, refreshments and much more!  
For more info. on where it is go to her website below!

1829logcabin.com  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My posts are here for you to read, and for you to share your thoughts if you feel led to.
Please ask yourself every time before you post if it honors Jesus.
I know if your doing that then your heart wants to please Him!

Thank you,
A Sister In the Lord Jesus,

Samantha Anne

"Now, therefore," Says the Lord, "Turn to Me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping.."

"Now, therefore,"  Says the Lord, "Turn to Me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping.."
Joel 2:12