Howdy and glad you stopped in at Jesus' Little Cow-Hide Booted Wrangler!


All young people that follow Jesus are His knights for Truth. We are all created by the One true God of the Bible, the one that made you and me!
This is a blog that expresses the joy that I have in Jesus!

Please stay and read.

There's much to laugh, smile and enjoy about here!:)


I'll be praying for you...my future husband=)

Outside Lookin' In. I choregraphed my dance try-out to this song! my fav. of Lori's songs!:)

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

~Out in the Country






Apple Peelin'
Ever since I've moved to the country I can relate to that country song, 'Gone Country' perfectly.  My granma taught me to peel apples last summer with this special apple peeler, and though it looks hard its not hard at all.  She taught me to crank the little thing and to put the apple on it just right.
It's so simple, and is sure to please any country liver!  Search out your antique shops, cause its sure worth it!!!

Candle Dippin'
To make a candle, I learned it at my log cabin that my grandma re-built, its quite easy.  You just get the little wax strings then dip them into the hot melted wax repeatedly.  The more you dip, the bigger you get it!!  I've created pumpkin-like blobs before that would have no chance as a candle, but were enjoyable to make!!


Horses
Horses are one of those unpredictable but worthwhile pets.  They're big, beautiful, and often have a mind of their own.  But ever since I was born to about the time I was twelve, my grandma had a horse named Dusty.
And no matter how you treated him, he was just the sweetest horse as can be.  One day I was sneezing a whole bunch, and Dusty was nearby, and Grandma said that he felt sorry for me.  I believed her.
So if your wondering if you should get a horse, I'll tell you this.  They're definitely a mouthful of oats....! But completely a friend beyond the hamsters!!!!!

 Pumpkin Pies

Trust me, I've tried it, the BEST pumpkin pies are the ones with real pumpkins, not old canned pumpkins. Have you every noticed how the canned pumpkin is so disgusting that its bright orange when you take it out?
Here's the recipe for pumpkin filling....

1 1/2 - 2 tsp. of Pumpkin Pie Spice 
1 2/3 c. of evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. pumpkin puree

Blend very well, and pour into pie shell.  Bake @ 425 F. for 15 min. and @ 350 F. for 15 min.
Or bake until crust is golden brown.

I've tried this at least about two times or so, and its wonderful!!!  And when I make it, it makes enough filling for two shells.:)  Enjoy!

 Pottery~
Clay is abundant in Missouri, that I can assure you.  Just today, (the 27th of March) I've been digging a small ditch beside our mulch path, and found LOTS of clay!  My grandma told me how to clean it by rinsing and soaking it in a tub of water, then repeating the step a few times.  (That way the dirt particles can break off.)
After cleaning the clay, I began to shape it into all different little sorts of dishes.  I made thumb bowls, which is when you shape the dish over your thumb and press your thumb into the clay to create a little bowl.  I also flattened it between my hands to make tiny plates.  The small dishes are great for little tea parties!
After I had created my little tea party dishes, what I did was laid them on a concrete stone and on the deck, where its sunny, so they can dry out and harden.  Baking the dishes will make them blow up, so you want them to slowly harden and dry by placing them in a very sunny spot where they will not be disturbed.
Let your pottery dishes dry there for about a few days or so, or just until the pottery has hardened completely.




Mulch Paths~


Here's some before pictures of my mom's path that we're working on.  We've been planting things around it, and digging along it a small ditch, to keep the mulch in.
After pictures are sure to come.






~A trip to Grandma's cabin is as fun as ever!  And not only did we go to the cabin, but many adventures followed!








Little did we know, that taking along three chicks, five kids, clothes bags, food and books (with us in the van to grandma's house) would be such an adventure!
Chicks need to be kept in a box inside with a lamp, for about the first 6 weeks.
After about week 6 or so, its safe to put them outside in the chicken house. 

To plant an avocado seed, you first have to grow the seed...
see what I mean by looking at the picture below.
Place them in a jar of water, upholding the seed with toothpicks halfway.  The shoot will come out the top, and once grown to a considerable height, can be taken and planted out in the ground.  
(If the shoot doesn't grow in the first week, don't become discouraged.  We've had these in water for 4-5 weeks, it just takes a while.)  












Thanks~! And go and enjoy the country life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My posts are here for you to read, and for you to share your thoughts if you feel led to.
Please ask yourself every time before you post if it honors Jesus.
I know if your doing that then your heart wants to please Him!

Thank you,
A Sister In the Lord Jesus,

Samantha Anne

"Now, therefore," Says the Lord, "Turn to Me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping.."

"Now, therefore,"  Says the Lord, "Turn to Me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping.."
Joel 2:12